Each winter, Les Elfes welcomes over 100 international schools coming from more than 30 countries for ski trips to its campuses in Switzerland. Our three different, privately owned campuses are located in some of the most popular ski resorts in Switzerland: Verbier, La Tzoumaz and Crans-Montana.
The classic Les Elfes ski trip practiced since over 20 years includes 6 days of skiing with fully supervised after ski and evening activities. The Program includes a ski race with BBQ on the mountain and price giving show. A 1-day excursion to one of the Swiss major attractions can be organized on the last day as well, included in the price.
We offer your students fully supervised, organized and guided ski trips for the entire time of the trip, which usually take place for 1 week.
- Over 25 years of experience in running winter camps
- All our houses are situated in world class ski resorts of international renown with snow guarantee from December to April
- Les Elfes is the owner of all houses in the different resorts in Verbier, La Tzoumaz (Verbier North) and Crans-Montana
- Les Elfes has full control over all different departments such as kitchen, drivers, ski lessons, animation, etc.
- High quality chalet accommodations with charming rooms and mostly en-suite bathrooms (shower and toilet) cleaned everyday
- The campuses have been designed only for kids & teens from 8-18 years
- Staff & Safety: Fully qualified ski or snowboard instructors. High staff-student ratio of 1:7 on the slopes. All our staff are completing in the beginning of winter a training week with the Swiss ski school to become accredited as well as a second week regarding our concept of security, quality, fun (SQF) and our philosophy
- Les Elfes has staff for the days (ski & snowboard teachers) and staff for the evenings (animation staff)
- All our staff are equipped with Les Elfes mobile phones
- Full supervision for the entire trip
- Fully supervised after-ski and evening activities. Different activities each night
- 1 teacher free for 10 paying students
Educational components of ski trips
Ski trips do not always get the right consideration regarding the educational component they bring to students, but ski trips actually bring a lot of various positive and good skills:
Social component & teambuilding
Students will learn how to live together in a big group, possibly also with students from other schools, from other countries and from other cultures.
Team spirit within a group is increased by an “out of classroom experience”
Students will learn a new exciting sport. The best time in life to start skiing or snowboarding is when you are young! Students will rapidly familiarise themselves with the material (ski, boots, binding and poles) and gain balance and timing enabling them to make proper turns through well prepared snow slopes. They will keep these skills for the rest of their lives.
A ski trip is a unique experience that does not only teach children how to ski but also helps them to maximise both personal and group development and to enhance their self-confidence and interpersonal skills.
Mountains & Culture
Students will gain important knowledge about mountain safety and mountain geography, for example experiencing quickly changing weather conditions, which are typical for high altitude environments. In addition, Les Elfes students will find out a lot about Swiss culture and local food.
All these components put together make a ski trip a very valuable educational experience for the students, for the teachers who see the students evolving all throughout the week and for the parents who will find their children in very good physical and mental condition after coming back from their ski trip with Les Elfes.