Why to choose Les Elfes?
- Highest safety and supervision standards
- Staff – student ratio for ski/snowboard lessons: 1:8
- Les Elfes has full control over all departments such as kitchen, drivers, animation, ski lessons, bed allotments, etc…
- Total staff student ratio of 1:2 with all departments combined (resort manager, instructors, animation staff, nurse, night guard, drivers, kitchen staff)
- Fully supervised après-ski and evening activities. Less work for teachers
- Fully qualified instructors, trained by Les Elfes
- Unique philosophy: Our ski trips are well-balanced and ensure Security, Quality and Fun (SQF)
- 1 teacher free for 10 paying students. Discount for additional teachers
- World-class Swiss ski resorts of international renown in Verbier, La Tzoumaz and Crans-Montana
- Private chalets designed for kids and teens only. No hotel accommodation!
- Bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Private altitude mountain restaurant for lunch breaks
- All ski equipment owned and renewed by Les Elfes. Less stress though on site ski rental on arrival day
- All levels of skiing / snowboarding taught in different groups
- Pioneer in ski trips since 1987
They trust us
The organizer to student ratio is 1:5, however including all Les Elfes staff the ratio falls to 1:2.
All our monitors have been carefully selected in accordance with Les Elfes criteria for skills and experience in working with children. On top of this, Les Elfes uses sports experts for some activities.
All our summer and winter monitors and instructors have to take a two-week training course before the beginning of each season, one week of technical training and one week learning Les Elfes philosophy and safety requirements.
Our Activity Managers supervise the work of our monitors and instructors all day long.
In the winter, all our ski and snowboard instructors are accredited by the official Swiss Ski School, and in the summer each instructor is specialized in the different sports offered at Les Elfes.
All our campuses, have a nurse and a 24 hour reception and night guard, which together with our monitors work, allows us to offer a 24 hours supervision of the students.
At Les Elfes Safety is our number one priority.
Throughout the year, wether it is skiing or snowboarding in Winter or Mountain Biking and Rock Climbing in Summer, the students take part in what we call activities containing certain risk elements. We therefore have strict procedures in place to ensure that during these activities, the students are exposed to as little risk as possible.
To ensure this, we make sure our staff are fully qualified and well trained according to the time of year, and whatever time of year the day has to begin with a meeting identifying these risks. In the Winter there are many things to consider when looking at thse points, here is an idea of the safety measure taken: